Even though November 24th is still a couple of weeks away, I’ve scoured through the masses to find the best Black Friday 2019 drones before everything goes on sale and the mayhem begins.
Whether you’re looking for a drone for yourself or as a gift for someone else, Black Friday is one of the best days to pick up a new drone.
The Outlaw is Altair Aerial’s newest drone to hit their already superior, high-quality fleet. It’s an improvement to most of the drones I’ve already tried and reviewed from their line in a couple of different ways. Priced at around $280, you’re going to love picking one up for yourself whether you wait for the price to go down a little or not.
- Features 3 versions of Return to Home, Intelligent Orientation Control and Barometer Altitude Hold
- Takes 1080p sharp HD videos and photos
- Total flight time of up to 20 minutes
- Has a GPS distance of up to 1500 meters and a WiFi distance of up to 500 meters
The biggest pro that the Outlaw has to offer is the fact that it’s a strong, high-quality drone that takes simplicity to an entirely new level without sacrificing the most important functions one would need – even as a beginner.
The biggest con, however, is that some may find what this Black Friday 2019 drone has to be a little on the intimidating side, but it’s fantastic for beginner drone users who are looking for a bit of a challenge.
The Tomahawk is currently going for $200 right now, which is more than reasonable considering the quality that this Black Friday 2019 drone has to offer. Whether the price drops or not, this is a cheap drone that doesn’t skimp on high-quality construction and beneficial flight aspects.
Here are the features and the specs:
- Has a maximum flight time of 17 minutes when you fly on Medium Throttle
- Uses a 6-axis gyro stabilization system for a smooth flight
- Has Independent ESCs and built-in Automatic Lock Protection in order to avoid burning out as a result of Dead Lock
- Uses a 720p HD WiFi camera
- Features Altitude Hold
- Comes with an action camera mount that is compatible with GoPro Hero 5 and Hero 6
- Has a maximum transmission range of between 300 to 500 meters
The biggest pro that the Tomahawk Drone has to offer is that the action camera mount is compatible with basically any action camera that will fit, but it’s more so designed for GoPro’s Hero 5 and Hero 6, especially.
The biggest con, though, is something I’ve yet to find. I can honestly say that I haven’t found a downside to this drone yet.
Altair Aerial AA108
The Altair Aerial AA108 is currently on sale right now for only $130, which I’m anticipating that it’ll go down a bit more from that when Black Friday 2019 comes around. It’s already on sale from $160, so whether you wait for the price to drop or not is totally up to you.
Here are the features and the specs:
- Uses the premium, rubber-damping, 720p HD camera with real-time video in FPV
- Has Beginner, Mid Level, and Advanced flight skill levels
- Has a maximum flight range of up to 100 meters
- Features Headless Mode, Altitude Hold, Custom Route Modes, Low Battery Alarm, Out of Range Alarm, Emergency Landing, 1-Button Takeoff, 1-Button Landing, and more
- Has a total flight time of up to 10 minutes, doubled by the second LiPo battery included for free
- Compatible with VR goggles for adventurous fliers
- Uses LED lights on the bottom that help navigation and flight direction when flying out of Headless Mode
- Has a maximum video transmission range of between 40 to 50 meters when flying in FPV
- Can be flown both indoors and outside, can withstand crashes and can take a beating
The biggest pro that the Altair Aerial AA108 has to offer is that it’s compatible with VR goggles, has FPV capabilities, and uses a camera that produces high-quality photos and videos.
The biggest con, however, is that a 4 GB MicroSD memory card is needed to save videos. They’re pretty cheap and easy to find, so this really isn’t all that big of a problem.
The UDI U818A is already insanely cheap at approximately $60, which is more than a bargain for everything this Black Friday 2019 drone has to offer! It may look like a small piece of plastic, but it’s actually a high-quality drone that has yet to show some real letdown.
- Uses the 2 MP HD camera
- Features Return to Home, 360-Degree Flips and Headless Mode
- Uses a 6-axis gyro stabilization system
- Comes with 2 LiPo batteries
The biggest pro that the UDI U818A is fully compatible with a VR headset for FPV flight. It easily syncs up to your VR headset to the transmitter for an amazing FPV experience in minutes.
The biggest con, however, is that you may experience some intermittent power loss. You can fix this by snapping the connector for the battery in as tightly as possible.
Holy Stone HS110D
The HS110D by Holy Stone is already coming to you at the exceptional price of only around $130. If this is a little steep for you right now, then I highly suggest you wait for Black Friday 2019 to pick up this drone.
- Uses the FOV 120-Degree HD FPV camera
- Features Altitude Hold, Low Battery Power Alarm, 3D Flips, Emergency Stop, One Button Start, One Button Landing, Gravity Sensor Mode, Adjustable Speed Modes, 3D Mode and Headless Mode
- Takes a 3.7V 1000mAh LiPo battery
- Able to be operated through a smart device for total mobile control
- Has LED lighting for navigation lights that work with a controller indicator light for flying at night
The biggest pro that the HS110D by Holy Stone has to offer is the fact that you can use 3D Mode to incorporate a VR headset, should you have one or are looking for a reason to invest in one.
The biggest con, however, is that you can’t use mobile control unless you have a smart device with iOS 7.0 or later as well as Android 4.4 or later.